Chief Operating Officer
Balke Brown Transwestern Role
Mike Donovan brings 20+ years of experience and a wide range of real estate deal making skills to the Balke Brown Transwestern team. Mike has an extraordinary ability to manage all the functions necessary to acquire and operate institutional quality commercial real estate. Those functions include the identification of a desirable asset, formalizing realistic income and expense projections managing the due diligence process, creation of an asset management plan and successful leasing of the property. In addition, Mike’s long history of creative deal making for both tenants and owners is invaluable to the Balke Brown Transwestern organization.
Some of Mike's career highlights include:
- Over 20 years of experience in the acquisition and leasing of institutional quality office buildings in the St. Louis market.
- Initiated the acquisition of over 25 Class A office buildings in St. Louis with a value of over $300 million dollars. Subsequently, performed the leasing duties for all 25 buildings. Mike’s extensive leasing portfolio has included 40 buildings totaling over 4 million SF of space.
- As Vice President at Duke Realty Corporation from 2000-2006, Mike consistently achieved top sales awards. Mike’s leasing production averaged over 300,000 SF annually.
- Acquisition highlights include the Savvis Building, Interco Corporate Tower, Woodsmill Commons I & II, National City Center, Bonhomme Place, Maryland Place, The Atrium Building, the Wil-Tel Building, Corporate Plaza, Laumiere III Office Building, Southwest Executive Center, Creve Coeur Point and the Creve Coeur Office Portfolio.
- Tenant representation and leasing transactions include companies such as; Principal Financial Group, Anheuser Busch, Drury Inns, NCR, Beachnut, Savvis Corporation, Express Scripts, Ralston Purina, Boeing Corporation, General Motors, and Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- Mike’s involvement in the St. Louis community has included board positions at The CCIM Institute, Missouri Growth Association, Immacolata Parish, Westborough Country Club, The University Club, and Covenant House.
- Joined Balke Brown as a Partner in March of 2007.