Michael is an Associate Broker with responsibilities to service, develop and expand the Balke Brown Transwestern Illinois portfolio. Born and raised in Southwestern Illinois with three generations of family in the construction and development business, Michael’s deep roots in the Southern Illinois market will provide superior market knowledge of past, present and future developments.
Michael served as a summer intern with Balke Brown Transwestern. During his internship, he shadowed the brokerage staff and assisted with the following:
- Directed leasing for Commercial Office properties between 4,000 – 164,000 square feet
- Partnered on Southern Illinois leasing transactions totaling over 200,000 square feet in 2017 and 170.000 square feet in 2018
- Collaborated on development, property management and leasing contracts up to 800,000 square feet and up to 300 acres
- Routinely drafted, reviewed and presented leases, broker opinion of fair market value, reports, site plans and construction/architectural drawings
- Acquired tenants and engaged in space planning with architects, bidding work with contractors and creating lease documents with attorneys
Professional and Community Achievements
- Licensed Real Estate Broker 2017
- Food Bank for Central and Southeast Missouri
- American Legion for Fallen Soldier – VFW O’Fallon, IL
- Business Leader for Pocket Points, Inc.
BS Business Administration & BS Finance/Banking and Real Estate – University of Missouri