Balke Brown Transwestern Role
Ellen Mannion is Vice President-Commercial Brokerage specializing in leasing and sales of commercial office buildings and retail centers in the greater St. Louis metro market which includes southwestern Illinois as well as tenant representation in respective markets.
Ellen has 38 years of broker industry experience representing landlords and tenants on a national and local basis, handling lease negotiations and site selection, including the leasing of Class A office buildings, regional malls, and neighborhood and strip centers in the greater St. Louis region and nationally. Before joining Balke Brown Transwestern in 2011, Ellen was Director of Retail Leasing with The Koman Group. Prior to that, Ellen was Senior Leasing Manager with Hycel Properties, Westfield Corporation, The Desco Group and Paragon Group.
Ellen currently has over 1,000,000 square feet of leasing assignments in Southwestern Illinois and Downtown St. Louis area. Her current listing assignments include Union Station Office Portfolio (3 buildings), The Shoppes on Central Avenue, King’s Landing, 5721 S. Lindbergh, 2122 Kratky, 11100 Linpage Place and BBTW’s Illinois portfolio. Ellen’s listing assignments in her career include Streets of St. Charles (1,000,000 sf mixed-use development), Centene Plaza (500,000 sf mixed-use development in Clayton, MO), CityPlace (1.2 Million sf mixed-use development in Creve Coeur, MO), The Crescent (retail and residential mixed-use development in Clayton, MO), Saint Louis Galleria (1.1 Million sf regional mall in Richmond Heights, MO), Ladue Crossing (135,000 sf neighborhood center, Ladue, MO), CIBC Place (200,000 sf office building in Brentwood, MO), Peabody Plaza (400,000 sf office building in downtown St. Louis), The Paragon Building, Paragon Place, and Westgate Centre (300,000 sf mixed-use development in Creve Coeur, Missouri).
Ellen has represented national retailers including Build-A-Bear-Workshop, Friends 2B Made, Lucy Activewear, Club Libby Lu, Merrell Shoes, and Track ‘n Trail in the coordination and implementation of real estate expansion strategies in the Southeastern and Western regions of the United States. The outcome included the establishment of 290 retail stores for Build-A-Bear Workshop in the United States and Canada and 61 Lucy Activewear stores throughout the United States. Some of Ellen’s tenant representation assignments include Enterprise Bank, St. Charles County, Medical West, Forefront Dermatology, Del Pietro restaurant concepts, New Horizons Computer Learning Centers, Brand Addition, Facilis, Haefner Law Firm, BAM Marketing Agency, Transwestern and The Exercise Coach.
- Named Top 100 St. Louisans You Should Know, How to Succeed in Business in 2022 by Small Business Monthly
- Awarded in the Hall of Fame by the Midwest Real Estate News in 2015
- Heavy Hitter Award in 2015 and 2016 – Named top 3 Busiest Brokers by the St. Louis Association of Realtors
- Heavy Hitter Award in 2016 – Named top 3 Brokers for Largest Office Lease by the St. Louis Association of Realtors
- Co-Star Broker Power Award 2016– Named a Top Office Leasing Broker by Co-Star
- Achieved Certified Retail Property Executive and Certified Leasing Specialist (Highest designation within International Council of Shopping Centers – ICSC)
- CCIM candidate (Certified Commercial Investment Member)
- Member of International Council of Shopping Center (ICSC)
- Licensed Real Estate Broker
- Past President, National Delegate and Director of Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW); Currently serving on the Executive Board of CREW
- Currently on the Executive Leadership Board of Light the Night, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Southern Methodist University – Dallas, Texas
Bachelor of Business Administration in Business and Real Estate with a Minor in History.