Balke Brown Transwestern Role
Ellen Mannion is Vice President-Commercial Brokerage specializing in leasing and sales of commercial office buildings and retail centers in the greater St. Louis metro market which includes southwestern Illinois as well as tenant representation in respective markets.
Ellen has 33 years of broker industry experience representing landlords and tenants on a national and local basis, handling lease negotiations and site selection, including the leasing of regional malls, neighborhood and strip centers, and Class A office buildings in the greater St. Louis region and nationally. Before joining Balke Brown Transwestern in 2011, Ellen was Director of Retail Leasing with The Koman Group. Prior to that, Ellen was Senior Leasing Manager with Hycel Properties, Westfield Corporation, The Desco Group and Paragon Group.
Ellen currently has over 500,000 square feet of leasing assignments in Southwestern Illinois and 800,000 square feet in the Downtown St. Louis area and St. Charles. Her current listing assignments include Streets of St. Charles, Union Station Office Portfolio (3 buildings), Park Pacific (17,000 sf retail development) and Highlands Plaza II. Ellen’s listing assignments in her career include Centene Plaza (500,000 sf mixed-use development in Clayton, MO), CiyPlace (1.2 Million sf mixed-use development in Creve Coeur, MO), The Crescent (retail and residential mixed-use development in Clayton, MO), Saint Louis Galleria (1.1 Million sf regional mall in Richmond Heights, MO), Chesterfield Mall (1.3 Million sf regional mall in Chesterfield, MO), Ladue Crossing (135,000 sf neighborhood center, Ladue, MO), Magna Place (200,000 sf office building in Brentwood, MO), Gateway One on the Mall (400,000 sf office building in downtown St. Louis), The Paragon Building, Paragon Place, and Westgate Centre (300,000 sf mixed-use development in Creve Coeur, Missouri).
Ellen has represented national retailers including Build-A-Bear-Workshop, Friends 2B Made, Lucy Activewear, Club Libby Lu, Merrell Shoes, and Track ‘n Trail in the coordination and implementation of real estate expansion strategies in the Southeastern and Western regions of the United States. The outcome included the establishment of 290 retail stores for Build-A-Bear Workshop in the United States and Canada and 61 Lucy Activewear stores throughout the United States. Some of Ellen’s tenant representation assignments include Medical West, Southern Illinois Healthcare Foundation, Forefront Dermatology, Tutti Frutti, Yoga 6, Del Pietro restaurant concepts, New Horizons Computer Learning Centers, Cullinan Properties, Next Gen, The Stanton Law firm, The McAuliffe Law Firm and The Exercise Coach.
- Awarded in the Hall of Fame by the Midwest Real Estate News in 2015.
- Heavy Hitter Award in 2015 and 2016 – Named top 3 Busiest Brokers by the St. Louis Association of Realtors
- Heavy Hitter Award in 2016 – Named top 3 Brokers for Largest Office Lease by the St. Louis Association of Realtors
- Co-Star Broker Power Award 2016– Named a Top Office Leasing Broker by Co-Star
- Achieved Certified Retail Property Executive and Certified Leasing Specialist (Highest designation within International Council of Shopping Centers – ICSC)
- CCIM candidate (Certified Commercial Investment Member)
- Member of International Council of Shopping Center (ICSC)
- Licensed Real Estate Broker
- Member, Past President and National Delegate of Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW)
- Southern Methodist University – Dallas, Texas
Bachelor of Business Administration in Business and Real Estate with a Minor in History.