Balke Brown Transwestern Role
Ann Schmelzle is a Vice President of Commercial Brokerage at Balke Brown Transwestern focusing on all aspects of commercial advisory services. As a 22-year veteran of the commercial real estate industry, Ann has leased or sold over 15 million square feet with a value well north of $600 Million. Ann has experience with advising her clients on their real estate initiatives throughout all industry sectors, including office, industrial & retail. Each property type is unique to her client’s business and strategic real estate goals and objectives. She has represented both private and corporate clients through landlord and tenant representation services, project development and redevelopment, and both acquisition and sale transactions for investors and users.
Ann’s clients appreciate her professional approach, responsiveness and market knowledge that she brings to each real estate assignment. She is complimented for her thoroughness, efforts to help maximize her client’s profitability by aligning their real estate goals with the company’s strategic goals and objectives; ultimately finding a win-win solution. She is noted for her ability to connect clients with strategic partners, i.e. financing, legal, design & architecture, construction, asset management, and others who help facilitate a smooth real estate project through completion.
Hyspeco Inc., Sandberg Phoenix & Von Gontard, former Herzog Crebs, Stock Legal, Seventh Wave Labs, Everspring Pharmacy, Parents as Teachers, YWCA, M+ H Architects & O’Toole Design Group, AXA Advisors, SunEdison, The Chamberlin Group, Montgomery Development, Prudential Alliance Realtors, Liberty Mutual, THF Realty Buchanan Street Partners, Cullinan Properties, Colony Realty Group, Commercial Development Company, The Lawrence Group and more.
Professional & Community Achievements
- National Association of Realtors
- Missouri Association of Realtors
- St. Louis Association of Realtors
- Past president of CREW St. Louis (2011)
- CREW Network task force member (established national membership guidelines)
- Past board member of the CREW, CCIM and SIOR St. Louis chapters
- Sales Associate of the Year by the St. Louis Association of Realtors (“SLAR”) Commercial Division
- Director on the SLAR Commercial Division Board
- Member of the Psychoanalytic Institute Facilities Advisory Board
- YWCA Facilities committee
- Life Skills Foundation Advisory Board
- St. Gerard Majella (SGM) school board director
- SGM Construction Committee member- $7 million capital improvement project
B.S. in Marketing from Missouri State University