Each of Balke Brown Transwestern's brokerage professionals is dedicated to achieving our clients' goals. Experience is what sets us apart and with an average of 17 years of experience per broker we have the knowledge and experience to deliver.
In addition we understand that in depth St. Louis market knowledge is what every client expects from us. That's why our focus on a daily basis, is centered on the St. Louis and the adjacent Southwest Illinois markets.
Click on a service area for more information.
Balke Brown Transwestern has a wide variety of experience in all aspects of investment transactions. Our client list includes REITS, Limited Partnership and Joint Ventures. These clients rely on Balke Brown's ability to explore all aspects necessary to bring together Real Estate and the Capital Markets.
Our ability to complete investment sales is directly related to our relationships and access to our over 1,000 capital sources including Pension Funds, REITS, Insurance Companies, Financing Companies and private debt and equity investors.
Recent St. Louis investment transactions include the following:
- Acquisition of a 9 building industrial portfolio on behalf of a pension fund Advisor
- Acquisition of a Class A suburban 120,000 sf office building on behalf of a pension fund Advisor
- Acquisition of a Class A suburban 105,000 sf office building on behalf of a private equity group
- Acquisition of a Class B suburban 117,000 sf office building on behalf of a local partnership
- Disposition of a Class B suburban 117,000 sf office building on behalf of a lender
- Disposition of two institutional quality industrial buildings totaling 400,000 sf on behalf of a local partnership
- Disposition of a Class A 160,000 sf office building on behalf of a local partnership
- Disposition of a suburban office building and airplane hangar on behalf of a local partnership
- Disposition of a 12,000 sf suburban retail building on behalf of a lender
Our successful track record of purchasing and developing raw land directly benefits our clients in the acquisition and disposition of land.
With the numerous municipalities in St. Louis, purchasing and entitling land can be complex. Issues including zoning, ordinances, utilities, right-of-ways, traffic counts, etc. all play a part in the value and marketability of a piece of property. Few St. Louis based firms (if any) have successfully navigated through and created as much value as Balke Brown Associates. Understanding what a site can eventually become and then either communicating or executing on that vision is what we do best.
We leverage our extensive local market knowledge (30 plus years) on behalf of our clients. By aggressively taking advantage of market conditions our client's reduce the risk that all corporations take when they make long or short term space commitments.
From new leases to renewals, expansions, subleases or renegotiations, Balke Brown Associates will become an extension of your company at no expense to your firm.
Our Tenant Representation Services include:
- In-depth market analysis
- Tour targeted properties
- Submit detailed request for proposal to qualified list of buildings
- Create detailed financial analysis comparing RFP responses
- Submit detailed Letter of Intent
- Coordinate lease negotiations to ensure all legal risks are minimized
- Move management/construction management
Balke Brown Transwestern's strong acquisition experience and experience in creating joint ventures/partnerships provides our tenant representation clients unique ownership alternatives to consider.View Tenant Representation Brochure
Occupancy, occupancy, occupancy.
Although occupancy is only one aspect of our listing assignment, it is typically the most critical component in creating value for our building owners.
Our value creation strategies are based on our local market knowledge and strict local focus. In St. Louis, the vast majority of leasing that takes place is from tenants that currently occupy space in the St. Louis Metropolitan Area. Understanding who those tenants are, when their lease expires, and who the local decision makers are (and yes, where do they live) are all critical pieces of information to successfully complete lease transactions.
Our Value Creation Services include:
- Advise on strategic positioning and pricing
- Creation of specific marketing strategies and tools
- Use our database and local market knowledge to target and contact potential tenants
- Generate qualified showings leading to proposals and leases
- Build strong relationships with existing tenants to ensure retention